Search found 215 matches

by HateMyAuto
Fri May 02, 2008 9:35 am
Forum: General Questions
Topic: Transmission woes
Replies: 18
Views: 12883

Transmission woes

But will I have to swap mine out in order to put in a 5 speed?
by HateMyAuto
Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:04 pm
Forum: General Questions
Topic: Transmission woes
Replies: 18
Views: 12883

Transmission woes

What's the deal with the subframe? The right side subframe/control isn't the same for the auto and manual trans, right? I read in another post that it needed to be changed, but both write ups I've seen for swapping in 5 speeds made no mention of this. To be fair though, the weren't for Berettas. Has...
by HateMyAuto
Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:23 am
Forum: General Questions
Topic: Transmission woes
Replies: 18
Views: 12883

Transmission woes

Yeah, that's the one thing that's getting me, the welding. What exactly does that piece look like? Where does it go? I can't find a manual transmission at the local junkyards, I'm probably going to have to greenleaf it, so if someone could maybe post a pic or something, it would be really helpful.
by HateMyAuto
Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:36 am
Forum: General Questions
Topic: Transmission woes
Replies: 18
Views: 12883

Transmission woes

Eff that, I could order a new transmission from GM for $1600. Humor me though, what parts do I need for the swap? I need a transmission(getrag), clutch and pedal, shifter and cables, new axles, and a new right side subframe. I think there are some other things, what am I forgetting? The only real pr...
by HateMyAuto
Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:29 pm
Forum: General Questions
Topic: Transmission woes
Replies: 18
Views: 12883

Transmission woes

The radiator is a little over a year old, could it really be leaking? The coolant was about a quart low, but it also looks like the reservoir is leaking around the seal where the top and bottom are joined. I checked the lines and they looked ok. I'll see if I can't get it to the shop today or tomorr...
by HateMyAuto
Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:28 pm
Forum: General Questions
Topic: Transmission woes
Replies: 18
Views: 12883

Transmission woes

I just checked my trans fluid, and it most definitely is a muddy brown color, while it was red last week. Also, the level was an inch above the full mark; last week it was dead in between the dots. I find it highly unlikely that someone decided to swap out my fluid for bad fluid, and overfill it to ...
by HateMyAuto
Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:26 pm
Forum: General Questions
Topic: Transmission woes
Replies: 18
Views: 12883

Transmission woes

Well crap. I was hoping it was something that I could possibly fix. I'll drop the pan tomorrow and take a look at it. Thanks.
by HateMyAuto
Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:29 am
Forum: General Questions
Topic: Transmission woes
Replies: 18
Views: 12883

Transmission woes

So last week my transmission started slipping from first to second. If I went easy on the gas, if would shift fine, but anything over half throttle and the engine would rev up for a bit and then shift to second. It never really did it in any other shifts except for once, and that was at wide open th...
by HateMyAuto
Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:09 pm
Forum: Suspension and Brakes
Topic: addco
Replies: 3
Views: 4382

addco

What year is the car?
by HateMyAuto
Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:05 pm
Forum: General Questions
Topic: sway bars
Replies: 6
Views: 4494

sway bars

The sway bars all come with the necessary hardware and bolt up fine for every year except for the 96s. Why they had to change it for the final year I'll never know, but it's not a problem for you.
by HateMyAuto
Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:03 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: Automatic Headlights
Replies: 4
Views: 3769

Automatic Headlights

As far as I know, there aren't auto headlights, just DRLs. No darkness sensors or anything like that. I'm pretty sure 95 Chevy's are before the sensors' time. Just unhook the connector and then ground the headlight. If you want lights on during the day, turn them on yourself. If you forget, people w...
by HateMyAuto
Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:09 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: What do they mean?
Replies: 2
Views: 2207

What do they mean?

If you couldn't figure that out on your own I'm assuming your HVAC doesn't work or not all your vents do?
by HateMyAuto
Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:07 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Is this guy NUTZ!?
Replies: 6
Views: 4190

Is this guy NUTZ!?

Maybe it's so high because of those hideous seat covers.
by HateMyAuto
Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:02 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Money pit Beretta RIP
Replies: 89
Views: 43051

Money pit Beretta RIP

This seems to be the problem with older cars, insurance companies will only see the car in terms of monetary value. I got hit in the passenger side door about 2 months ago and the repair bill was $1600. The insurance company wanted to total the car and give me about $1300 for it. At which point, aft...
by HateMyAuto
Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:49 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: mile on a tank of gas
Replies: 21
Views: 11135

mile on a tank of gas

I was getting about 200, then I swapped in the 3400 and am getting about 230. I found this a bit odd until I realized I pretty much replaced everything and the new engine is probably running better than the old.