Search found 1615 matches
- Thu Oct 01, 2026 2:29 pm
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: Snap-On Scanners Bricking Fix
- Replies: 0
- Views: 322
Snap-On Scanners Bricking Fix
Just an FYI and solution. September 2026, many Snap-On scanners bricked themselves (I don't mean the old Snap-On "Red Brick" MT-2500 as I don't believe they were susceptible to this issue, I will have to check mine -yes I still have an operational one AND I use it!). This is a licensing-le...
- Thu Sep 17, 2026 5:08 am
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: what did you do to your ride today?
- Replies: 990
- Views: 880759
Re: what did you do to your ride today?
Truth. "We are the architects of our own suffering." But in this case, I'll take the pain.woody90gtz wrote: ↑Mon Sep 14, 2026 8:41 pm The more crap you got, the more crap you gotta take care of.
- Mon Sep 14, 2026 1:26 am
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: what did you do to your ride today?
- Replies: 990
- Views: 880759
Re: what did you do to your ride today?
Moved three of the Berettas out of the way for some dirt-work in the driveway. I want to widen it a few feet and put in a retaining-wall (my shop sits on a small hill above the driveway, about six-feet higher and maybe fifteen feet back, and the slope has been eroding since we moved in). We've had t...
- Mon Sep 14, 2026 12:54 am
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: Another Burb project...another GMT400
- Replies: 10
- Views: 56452
Re: Another Burb project...another GMT400
I love the three pedals, gear-shifter, AND column gear-selector... :pardon: I have a Fiero GT fastback with three pedals and the console-mounted automatic gear-selector, a Third-Gen Z-28 'Vert sporting the same combo, and a Nissan 300ZX (Z31) in a similar situation, though that one is still waiting ...
- Fri Sep 11, 2026 1:58 am
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: 2 potential LS swaps
- Replies: 76
- Views: 381082
Re: 2 potential LS swaps
Ya, working on the Bonneville means blowing off everything else I'm supposed to be doing. Turns out some idiot didn't put a fuse in for the power wire to the master switch. Im the only one working on this so that narrows it down. :lol: I love/hate when that happens. I remind myself how nice it is t...
- Fri Sep 04, 2026 3:17 pm
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: Am I blue? No, the new car is though...
- Replies: 23
- Views: 102412
Re: Am I blue? No, the new car is though...
=@ =@ :runsies: Well, the other TT may be the blue one, but this silver Quattro is making ME blue... :cry: The latest round of Zelda issues reads something like this: -Fabricated the Oil Pressure Sender TEE out of some fresh one-inch brass -cost maybe 1/2 of simply buying the adapter online, but thi...
- Thu Sep 03, 2026 3:55 pm
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: 2 potential LS swaps
- Replies: 76
- Views: 381082
Re: 2 potential LS swaps
Fantastic work on the car. I love how you used the Summit sticker, ingenious! :Rose: Sometimes I feel like some of us focus so intently on the infrastructure, that we rarely make progress towards completion on our projects, but man, when the project is finally finished, it sure comes out right . May...
- Thu Sep 03, 2026 3:37 pm
- Forum: Members Rides
- Topic: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.
- Replies: 143
- Views: 652189
Re: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.
:shock: That is some crazy-cool work on the wheels! The look is nothing short of awesome -I've always loved the look of an inset wheel. So funny too, because I've been working on the '70 Plymouth a bit recently, and looking at the street-wheels (she also has 'dress-shoes', these are the 'correct' Ra...
- Sun Jul 26, 2026 6:28 am
- Forum: General Discussion
- Topic: what did you do to your ride today?
- Replies: 990
- Views: 880759
Re: what did you do to your ride today?
Strung-in a new battery borrowed from one of my other cars and cranked-up the 3.4L Quad-Cam Turbo Z-26 today. It hasn't been driven in probably two years, and hasn't been started in many months.. Sad. The clutch slips under boost, and the second IAC valve I had bolted in started acting-up, so the en...
- Sun Jul 26, 2026 5:53 am
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: Am I blue? No, the new car is though...
- Replies: 23
- Views: 102412
Re: Am I blue? No, the new car is though...
And another update (on the silver TT)! The engine fired-up and ran, but not well. I found two bad injectors and replaced them with new ones -surprisingly cheap, though I guarantee the claim that they are OEM Bosche was a lie. I don't care at this point, so long as they function decently... ..And the...
- Sun Jul 26, 2026 5:16 am
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: When Owning a Beretta Just Isn't Challenging Enough... NORTHSTAR!
- Replies: 4
- Views: 44461
Re: When Owning a Beretta Just Isn't Challenging Enough... NORTHSTAR!
So... Yeah. It may be becoming apparent that my proverbial 'eyes' are bigger than my metaphorical 'stomach'... I didn't get very far with this STS yet, aside from getting a parts-car (with I believe a good H.O. engine with even lower miles than mine). HOWEVER, I do believe that has sorted me out ver...
- Fri Jun 05, 2026 11:24 pm
- Forum: Electronics and Audio
- Topic: -89 GTU digital dash
- Replies: 3
- Views: 16302
Re: -89 GTU digital dash
The component is under the dash, to the left (IIRC) of the steering-column. Not too hard to access either. My '90 Yellow Indy had this part fail several year ago, the previous owner bypassed it and the dash lights came on full-bright with the ignition-switch, not great for night-time driving. Luckil...
- Sat May 09, 2026 3:14 am
- Forum: Electronics and Audio
- Topic: -89 GTU digital dash
- Replies: 3
- Views: 16302
Re: -89 GTU digital dash
The ONLY difference I have found in them over production years (I stocked-up several spares over the years, and have three cars with them) is the backlighting bulbs -there were two different sizes. I don't think swapping odometer info is easily or safely done, but if that doesn't matter to you then ...
- Sat May 09, 2026 2:57 am
- Forum: Members Rides
- Topic: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.
- Replies: 143
- Views: 652189
Re: Budget LS swap 6spd RWD Z26 project.
Nice! That is looking really clean, very OEM with a custom-detailed appearance. This is, to me at least, the best look under-hood. Too much custom trim, and it looks gawdy. Too much 'performance' add-on and it looks like it doesn't belong on the street. Now, if you could just get a blower-fan back i...
- Sat May 09, 2026 2:32 am
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: Is This A Joke?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 56352
Re: Is This A Joke?
https://youtu.be/LIT-qmlO24I?t=38
"Jethro, I told you to get rid of them worn-out brakes!"
"I did Ma, that's how come we ain't got none."
I weep for our future.
"Jethro, I told you to get rid of them worn-out brakes!"
"I did Ma, that's how come we ain't got none."
I weep for our future.