Search found 11 matches

by rfernandez
Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:50 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: Gasoline in Manifold! Please help!
Replies: 3
Views: 2554

Re: Gasoline in Manifold! Please help!

I guess checking my spark plugs should be my next step?

I did crank it alot without the car starting.
by rfernandez
Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:29 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: Gasoline in Manifold! Please help!
Replies: 3
Views: 2554

Gasoline in Manifold! Please help!

Wow, talking about some dangerous stuff! I have gasoline coming out of the manifold, near my rear drivers side shock absorber(probably from gasline) and coming out of muffler! It was late last night after I had installed a CPS. my car doesnt start and I was cranking and cranking. The few times it tu...
by rfernandez
Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:13 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: fuel injector question
Replies: 6
Views: 5163

Re: fuel injector question

great to hear..thanks guys. I am thinking along the same lines. I do have a few questions: 1. I would imagine that I need to release the pressure, the haynes manual is telling me to loosen the fuel cap and release the pressure at the fuel pressure valve so that I can take the injector out (to check ...
by rfernandez
Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:18 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: fuel injector question
Replies: 6
Views: 5163

Re: fuel injector question

I replaced the filter a few months ago. do you think I just need new o rings or should i look at buying a new injector. Is there a way to check if an injector is not working correctly?

rene
by rfernandez
Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:16 am
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: fuel injector question
Replies: 6
Views: 5163

fuel injector question

I have a base 93 2.2L. It is very hard to start. It won't stay on more than 5 minutes before it turns off. I noticed today that one of the injectors is wet around the surrounding plastic. My questions are: 1. would this be my problem with the car starting? 2. do you normally replace FI's or try to c...
by rfernandez
Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:18 am
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: fuel system issues..please help!
Replies: 3
Views: 2401

Re: fuel system issues..please help!

The only way I believe the car is turning on is if I pump the gas pedal. I know it is not the best thing to do, but it wont stay on by itself...it needs a little help. I will give the iac a try. I did take it off and clean it off with some carb cleaner when I cleaned the TB. thanks for your help! Rene
by rfernandez
Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:17 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: fuel system issues..please help!
Replies: 3
Views: 2401

fuel system issues..please help!

Hi, I bought a 1993 base 2.2L to work on as a project car. I bought the car knowing it had a problem turning on. It turns over for a few seconds then start to whine. I need to try and start it about 15 times before I can get it to turn on. At that point it will only turn on for about 1 minute before...
by rfernandez
Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:32 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: Car stalls when I put in gear/or turn AC on..please help
Replies: 1
Views: 1512

Car stalls when I put in gear/or turn AC on..please help

Hi, I bought a 1993 Beretta as a project car. The car turns on but will shut off when you put the car into drive or when it sits idle and you go to turn the a/c on. It is a 2.2L 4 cyl. the fuel filter has been changed..that's about it. I hope some of you can give me ideas on where I should start my ...
by rfernandez
Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:41 pm
Forum: Members Rides
Topic: 1993 Beretta-Car Starts but stalls when I turn AC on...
Replies: 1
Views: 1997

1993 Beretta-Car Starts but stalls when I turn AC on...

I just bought a 1993 Beretta to use a project car. I bought the car fairly cheap because of mechanical problems. I hope someone can help..here it goes: It is a 2.2L 4 cylinder. The car turns on just fine. When you turn the A/C on, the car automatically dies. Also, when you put the car into drive, th...
by rfernandez
Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:19 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Do Cavalier body kits fit beretta's?
Replies: 2
Views: 2859

Do Cavalier body kits fit beretta's?

in my quest to find a body kit that I like for my beretta, I was wondering if anyone has any prior experience in attempting to put a kit from another car onto the beretta? That got me to think of the early 90's cavalier. I have been looking at the cavalier kits (which there seems to be a few of) and...
by rfernandez
Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:49 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: The search for body kits-a new member!
Replies: 2
Views: 2575

The search for body kits-a new member!

Hi, This is my first posting. I had a 1988 (2.8) that was my baby..I had it from 88-2000. In that time I did everything imaginable to my car. I ended up selling my car in 2000 because I was in bind. worst mistake I have ever made! I am now in a better place and have found my desire to "re-creat...