Search found 187 matches
- Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:10 pm
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: 88 2.8 idle loup
- Replies: 11
- Views: 11095
Re: 88 2.8 idle loup
PCV is fine replaced the plugs since it had been a bit seemed fine but still the loop. Did some vacuum advancing and everything seems to act normal. Any other ideas I am really hesitate to put in the fuel pressure regulator. Also a thought what would it run like with 3.1 injectors in it without the ...
- Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:10 am
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: 88 2.8 idle loup
- Replies: 11
- Views: 11095
Re: 88 2.8 idle loup
I just had the plenum off to check those air hoses and make sure it was sealed
- Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:16 am
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: 88 2.8 idle loup
- Replies: 11
- Views: 11095
Re: 88 2.8 idle loup
Yeah it's like four bucks I'll slap one in tomorrow and let you all know!
- Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:15 pm
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: 88 2.8 idle loup
- Replies: 11
- Views: 11095
Re: 88 2.8 idle loup
It has cruse and it is working. How hard is that to get to since I don't think I have ever noticed it.
- Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:39 pm
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: 90 Indy starts and stalls immediately
- Replies: 19
- Views: 24671
Re: 90 Indy starts and stalls immediately
Mine would start but idle was all over the board and if I put my foot into it at all it died instantly.
- Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:32 pm
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: 88 2.8 idle loup
- Replies: 11
- Views: 11095
Re: 88 2.8 idle loup
Yeah, it is a Bosch that was in it that I put in a couple years ago. I have changed it out again just to make sure it wasn't that. Did the regulator act normal when you put a fuel pressure tester to the rail?
- Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:21 am
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: Merry Christmas
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7978
Re: Merry Christmas
1988GTU wrote:You treat the Beretta with anything nice this xmas ?ifixalot wrote:X2, Merry and safe Christmas to all.
Yes, parts fuel and fresh oil. She repays me with running crazy but still getting me to where I need to go. Though I haven't pushed her much past 40 miles without a 30 minute rest.
- Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:05 am
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: 88 2.8 idle loup
- Replies: 11
- Views: 11095
88 2.8 idle loup
Well here we are again. So, after I found some grounded wires, I got it running with a set of new injectors. Everything was replaced ran good for, eh, two days maybe three. Not sure what where or when but it started to catch on startup at high idle( usually 2200 to 3000max) for maybe five seconds an...
- Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:44 am
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: Possible bad ECM input needed.
- Replies: 18
- Views: 18029
Re: Possible bad ECM input needed.
I think it was a short in the wiring that I finally found.
- Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:38 am
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: 90 Indy starts and stalls immediately
- Replies: 19
- Views: 24671
Re: 90 Indy starts and stalls immediately
I had the same problem on my 2.8 one down on each bank and it would instant stall.
- Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:29 pm
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: Possible bad ECM input needed.
- Replies: 18
- Views: 18029
Re: Possible bad ECM input needed.
The biggest thing they makes me think it's the ecm is that the check engine light won't come on, the fuel pump doesn't prime, and it cranks over with no issues it was driving just fine before this happened. And I can't check codes it won't enter diagnostic mode when I jump the terminals.
- Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:05 pm
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: Possible bad ECM input needed.
- Replies: 18
- Views: 18029
Re: Possible bad ECM input needed.
Oh I have even changed proms.
- Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:15 am
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: Possible bad ECM input needed.
- Replies: 18
- Views: 18029
Possible bad ECM input needed.
Been a long time since I've posted or had problems. I was driving and she started to sound a little rough at idle almost like a lifter was shot then it leveled out sounded great again for a minute abs then died. Here's where it gets interesting, check engine light comes on andi try to restart it wit...
- Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:51 am
- Forum: Diagnostic Help
- Topic: picked up my new 'retta today........alternator issue?
- Replies: 33
- Views: 14201
Re: picked up my new 'retta today........alternator issue?
I know some can have problems with the starter shorting as well. Had my wires to close once after having to remove it for something made it like 25 miles or so before it died on me. Just a thought most the time I'm wrong so listen to them first lol
- Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:00 pm
- Forum: Intakes
- Topic: 88 IAT Disabling
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6081
Re: 88 IAT Disabling
Because I want to be able to remove the damned MAF and as far as I can tell since the MAF is already disabled that the IAT has to be in there on that board. I want to be able to get my coldair all installed but I also don't want to look at a check engine light for something like that. That MAF is so...