Search found 13 matches

by ryan.williams
Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:18 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback
Replies: 26
Views: 21553

Re: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback

Okay, the ignition coils were used, but the ignition module was NIB. The module never worked, so I put the original one back. Here's the issue, now; I seemed to have it narrowed down to some type of fuel pressure issue. I start the car and it runs for five minutes or so (until the temp gauge gets to...
by ryan.williams
Tue May 31, 2016 4:48 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback
Replies: 26
Views: 21553

Re: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback

Okay, thanks for the updates. I went ahead and swapped out the coolant temp. sensor for a new one. I also found out there was almost NO coolant in the car at all. I refilled it and replaced the thermostat as long as I had it all to do anyway. No change. I'm absolutely out of ideas.
by ryan.williams
Mon May 30, 2016 4:14 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback
Replies: 26
Views: 21553

Re: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback

Of course, now it won't start at all. I'll give it a few more minutes and try it again. In the meantime, any idea where I can find the coolant temp sensor? Should be easy since I've taken the fan out.
by ryan.williams
Mon May 30, 2016 4:07 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback
Replies: 26
Views: 21553

Re: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback

I only thought to do it in park. I can run out right now and start it. I'll put it in neutral and wait until it dies which, I assume, will take about 5 minutes.
by ryan.williams
Mon May 30, 2016 2:48 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback
Replies: 26
Views: 21553

Re: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback

I'm just about at the end of my rope with my car. After replacing the wiring from the crank sensor to the ICM (correcting a mistake I made, anyway.), replacing the new ICM with the one the car came with (the new one never worked) and going so far as replacing the ECM with another one I got from a Be...
by ryan.williams
Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:15 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback
Replies: 26
Views: 21553

Re: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback

I actually decided to just cut to the chase and go to Pep Boys and got the same part made by BWD, I think. Same problem. And now, it seems the exhaust smells a little funny, too. Thanks, I'm going to pull the plugs and check for fouling. If there isn't any I don't know what's up since I've already r...
by ryan.williams
Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:01 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback
Replies: 26
Views: 21553

Re: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback

Duralast from AutoZone. I've never experienced part problems from them before. O'Reilly (formerly Murray's) was really lousy for bad parts.
by ryan.williams
Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:34 am
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback
Replies: 26
Views: 21553

Re: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback

Okay, here's the thing; concerning my LT, I've replaced the crank sensor. The car starts, now... but if I rev the engine, it sputters. The idle seems to be ok, but the sputtering makes it un-driveable. Also, the tach no longer works and the "check engine light" is still on. Is it possible ...
by ryan.williams
Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:04 am
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback
Replies: 26
Views: 21553

Re: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback

Luckily, I already have a new one. That'll be tomorrow's deal. Thanks for your time. I'll check back in later.
by ryan.williams
Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:51 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback
Replies: 26
Views: 21553

Re: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback

No. The tach needle barely moves at all. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I was replacing the wheel cylinder and brake line from the passenger side.
by ryan.williams
Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:19 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback
Replies: 26
Views: 21553

Re: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback

Thanks for the prompt response. As of right now, there is no spark at cylinder #5, closest to the transaxle. Didn't check all 6. Unhooking the fuel line and turning the ignition on has fuel spraying out like a fire hose. No problem there. What else do I need to look at? It was getting spark before a...
by ryan.williams
Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:33 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback
Replies: 26
Views: 21553

Re: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback

I had spark before I changed the coil packs. I haven't checked it since. I'm drifting in and out of the garage today, will go out and check that now. If I undo the fuel line and turn on the ignition, fuel sprays out like a fire hose. No problem, there.
by ryan.williams
Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:32 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: 1989 Corsica LT hatchback
Replies: 26
Views: 21553

1989 Corsica LT hatchback

Corsica hatch.jpg Corsica right.jpg I'm new to this forum, but not to working on my cars. I have an '89 Corsica hatchback I acquired. I'm the third owner of this vehicle and I'm presently having a problem with. It. It won't start. I have replaced all three of the coil packs (engine is a 2.8 FI V6),...