Search found 10 matches

by Judith
Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:54 pm
Forum: General Questions
Topic: AC R12 or R134?
Replies: 13
Views: 9485

Re: AC R12 or R134?

Thanks for all the replies. It looks like the previous owner already did the swap. But I'll have the garage check it for me to make sure. I am not at all technical although I have been learning a lot since I've had this car.
by Judith
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:33 am
Forum: General Questions
Topic: AC R12 or R134?
Replies: 13
Views: 9485

Re: AC R12 or R134?

Thanks! Will check it out. I hadn't used the AC up till now but summer here in Holland is unusually hot this year.
by Judith
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:39 am
Forum: General Questions
Topic: AC R12 or R134?
Replies: 13
Views: 9485

AC R12 or R134?

I have a question about the airconditioning unit: Does anyone know when they switched to R134 from R12? I have a 93 Beretta GT and I have read that cars prior to 93 used R12. But I have also read that it was used in cars up to and including 1993?! Thanks!
by Judith
Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:52 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Why Beretta?
Replies: 11
Views: 6471

Re: Why Beretta?

thanks for your replies, it seems for most, one Beretta isn't enough. Loved reading your posts, I am still learning about the different types but it seems the Indy and Z26 are the most wanted, is that correct? I assume here in Holland most people went for the base model. Mine is a GT of which they a...
by Judith
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:11 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Why Beretta?
Replies: 11
Views: 6471

Why Beretta?

So, I'm fairly new here. I've owned a Beretta for a year and a half now. I've been 'following' Bfest on FB from Europe and I was wondering what makes the Beretta so special to you? I don't think it's a widely loved car like, say, the Camaro. I would love to hear your stories, I'll go first: I have a...
by Judith
Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:33 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: brakes and abs light
Replies: 11
Views: 7865

Re: brakes and abs light

Update: it turned out to be a faulty ABS pump.
by Judith
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:42 am
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: brakes and abs light
Replies: 11
Views: 7865

Re: brakes and abs light

It has been very wet here so it might be a moisture problem. I found a parking garage where I can park my car at reasonable costs (several other owners of older cars had the same idea; I saw an old Peugeot (60s) a vintage BMW coupe, several older Mercedeses, a number of cars covered up and even a Ca...
by Judith
Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:50 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: brakes and abs light
Replies: 11
Views: 7865

Re: brakes and abs light

I guess that's what might have happened but although it's mostly always wet in the Netherlands, it wasn't particularly slippery when it seemed to block. Also, the next day the ABS light stayed on after braking once so it might be smth in the ABS system?
by Judith
Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:57 pm
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: brakes and abs light
Replies: 11
Views: 7865

Re: brakes and abs light

I didn't feel any vibration in the brake pedal. I did hear a low kind of rumbling noise (like something's shifting) I called the Dutch version of the AAA 8) so this guy came by, checked the fluid level which was fine and then he went for a testdrive, he floored it : "wow this is a fast car"...
by Judith
Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:23 am
Forum: Diagnostic Help
Topic: brakes and abs light
Replies: 11
Views: 7865

brakes and abs light

I just got my Beretta back, it finally passed inspection after problems with a spring perch and the exhaust system (spare parts are hard to come by in the Low countries). Many thanks btw for all the suggestions I got here and on FB! Today this happened: As I drove away and braked (lightly) the brake...